The Kent Rod & Gun Club will be starting the year off with several events; all are posted on the club's website along with the entire club Calendar of Events for 2013. Here are a just a few......
- Our first General Membership Meeting of the year will be on Friday, January 4th...this is the night for all who are competing in our Annual Big Buck Contest to bring along their prized racks for scoring and to win a cash prize of $150 for Shotgun/$150 for Bow. Anyone with questions...please contact Red Mastrobuono at email@example.com. Please note...our meeting will start earlier than usual...at 7 p.m. to allow time for the scoring of racks for the contest!
- Sunday, January 13th will be our first Pistol Safety Course of the year; we already have several people registered and anyone else interested is asked to contact John Sparano (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if they would like to be added to the class roster.
- Reservations are now being taken for our Annual Installation Dinner, Saturday, February 9th; this yearly get-together will again be held at McCarthy's Family Eatery in Carmel and is always a good time for all. The price is $35 per person for a great dinner, complete with tasty appetizers. Cash bar for those wishing to gently bend an elbow. Everyone is welcome, family and friends...please get back to the club as soon as possible if you plan on attending so that we can give Annie at McCarthy's a head count.
- Sunday, February 10th...our Annual Ice Fishing Party. If the cold weather continues, we may just have some great ice waiting for Red Mastrobuono and his crew to cook-up breakfast for all who attend.
- It's not too soon to start thinking about St. Patty's Day and some of the best Corned Beef & Cabbage served in Putnam County, right here on Saturday, March 9th at our Annual Corned Beef Dinner. Chef "Luigi" and his cooking staff will be baking Irish Soda Bread plus making a few popular extras for the dinner.
I hope everyone circles these events, and more from our club, on their calendars. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Wishing all club members and their familes a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year in 2013!
Kevin McGuinness, President
Kent Rod & Gun Club