There are lots of club events ahead, plenty of opportunities to get those work hours in and even more planned in the way of sporting and social gatherings.
- General Membership Meeting - Friday, April 4th at 8 p.m.
**Members are reminded that our ranges open for shooting at 10 a.m. (not before) and close at dusk (not after). Everyone is asked to be considerate of all those living in/around the area of our club by staying within this range-use timeframe**
- Spring Clean-up - Sunday, April 27th at 9 a.m.
Sign-in for everyone working at this event will be cut-off at 10 a.m. and all work hours will be recorded.
Coming up...in May and June!
- Family Day at the Range - Sunday, May 18th at 10 a.m.
Please note the following.....this event is open to children ages 10 - 16 with the younger children shooting air rifles and the older kids shooting .22's.
The ladies in attendance will be invited to try their hand at both and join in some competitive, and fun, target shooting and more. It has been our experience with both our Pistol Courses and other club events where the ladies participate, that they do an impressive amount of accurate shooting and we can't get them off the ranges once they start enjoying themselves!
Following a safety orientation from our NRA Certified Instructors, those participating will learn:
- Basics of Firearms Safety
- Basics of shooting a BB rifle, Pellet rifle and .22 caliber rifle.
From there, everyone will head out to the ranges for some family fun, under the supervision of both our NRA Instructors and NRA Range Safety Officers.
Parental permission will be required; members attending with their children can sign the required permission slip on the day of the event. Those children not having their parents present must pre-register before May 10th by return email and provide the following information:
- Participant's Name and Age.
- Parent's Name and contact information - email and/or telephone
Again....ALL registrations must be in before May 10th!
- Spring Raffle - Friday, June 6th at General Membership Meeting
- Pistol Safety Course - Sunday, June 8th at 8 a.m.
- Pan Fish Derby - Sunday, June 15th - 12 noon weigh-in
Hopefully we will get more participation for this year's event which doesn't cost anyone anything but...time spent fishing with a child. Awards, prizes and lunch will complete the day!